[Mplayer-users] What to do before version 1.0

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Tue Jun 12 20:44:29 CEST 2001

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 08:25:05PM +0200, Dariusz Pietrzak wrote:

> > mplayer is a slow shit of player ... It's because the maximum performance
> > needs costum optimization made at compile time of course ...
> > You can make packages (rpm,deb, ...) which compiles the source at installing
> > the pacakge and you're done. And of story ...
> But then novice user considers this non-novice-user-friendly all tell all
> her friends about how crappy mplayer is, she couldn't even click to
> install it!

:) And it's right. Lamers won't use Linux :) At least I hope. It was the
worst thing I can imagine that every stupid human like creature whould
start using mplayer and sends mails with stupid questions :) And this is
true for Linux as well. Let keep Linux as a good OS and don't try to
make it suitable for my grandmother too with dulling it :)

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!