[Mplayer-users] ICCCM compliance

Mathias Hasselmann mathias.hasselmann at gmx.de
Tue Jun 12 14:23:07 CEST 2001

   Someone showed my that part of your FAQ
(http://mplayer.sourceforge.net/homepage/faq.html):

Q: I have problems with icewm and fullscreen xv mode..
A: Known problem, icewm sucks.

   Poor statement. Specially since your code proves that you have never
read the ICCCM (Inter-Client Communication Conventions Manual,
www.tronche.com/gui/x/icccm/) -- a document describing how window managers
and X clients are expected to interact.

   Well. Fortunatly it's rather easy to fix this bad behaviour of mplayer
(which dreams that it cold predict how a window manager would place it's
windows). See this bug reports to get an idea how to fix mplayer's
problems:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=432376&group_id=21299&atid=121299
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=432378&group_id=21299&atid=121299

Ciao,
Mathias

PS: Mplayer is a really nice piece of software I recommand everyone who
wants to hear. Would be nice if I wouldn't have to add any comments about
how to make it work with IceWM anymore...
--
WWW:           http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~hasselma/
PGP/GnuPG:     1024-Bit DSA: ID 55E572F3, 1024-Bit RSA: ID EAAF7CF1