[Mplayer-users] Compiling with Red Hat 7.1

havner alien at staszic.waw.pl
Sat Jun 9 18:05:07 CEST 2001

> MMX code is _missing_ from binary if compiled with 2.96, so you will get
> empty black window. It was a known, strange bug for a long time until
> havner
> found that it's gcc 2.96 problem.
And now I use 2.95.2 and suggest the same for all RedHat users.
BTW: Arpi, I've checked also 2.95.1 and even egcs (don't remember exactly
what version) and they worked OK. At least for MMX routines, don't know
what about SSE, 3Dnow, etc.

> Avifile-author Eugene Kuznetsov contacted redhat guys and tell him these
> problems (they also have similar probs with 2.96) and they don't want to
> help. The redhat guy said that it compiles and works for him with 2.96
> so he can't help. So what to do then?
> Maybe they have working 2.96 version too, but they included a buggy
> non-working version with redhat distro? We don't know, and they don't
> want
> to know.
So he was lucky. I've send bugreport to RedHat guys and they even didn't
reply. I've told them everything I know and suggested to check mplayer
compiled on 2.96 (with -vo x11) as an example.

--
Regards
Havner

alien at boss.staszic.waw.pl