[Mplayer-users] Mplayer speed

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Fri Jun 8 11:55:56 CEST 2001

>GATOS driver supports vsync for Xv, and AFAIK it's enabled by default.
>This way mplayer "speed" depends on refresh rate. Decoding will be blocked
>until vsync is reached. So you should disable vsync, or set up refresh
>rate near (or a bit bigger) to n*fps where n is integer.

Now _that_ should definitely be part of DOCS. Let's call it DOCS/SLOWMACHINES
(not spaces, so nobody will get confused ;-)  There should be a reference from
the (outdated) DOCS/SPEED file and DOCS/MPlayer-FAQ perhaps, too.

Users of slow machines (e.g. below 500MHz, or below 600?), please send me

1) your speed results (e.g. which resolution/codecs are visible, framedrop etc.)
2) hard- and software config setting
3) tips and tricks
4) whatever comes to mind

I will try to create a small file of tips and tricks.

gruel