[Mplayer-users] new things in CVS

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Jun 5 16:45:44 CEST 2001

Hi A'rpi,

Thanks for the announce of the new changes.  I'm very happy with this new
version.  One notable thing is that the new libao successfully plays the
audio from vts_10_3.vob off the Region 2 "U571" DVD.  The previous version
complained "** CRC failed - skipping frame **\n" in trying to find audio
format and then played the vob with nosound.  This version works fine.

> 7. X11 driver works at remote display (without SHM)

Now that's cool.  Though I don't _quite_ achieve real-time playback when
playing files off my home machine down my 128k outbound cable modem
link...

Getting the sound over too - I suppose using esd?  Not really got to grips
with that...

Steve