[Mplayer-users] esddsp error

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Mon Jun 4 14:34:59 CEST 2001

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001 02:27:23 +0200 (CEST) Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> Please try current CVS.
> We introduced libao2 for new audio system. OSS driver has hopefully
> the AUDIO_RESET ioctl fixed, and there is also an SDL audio driver too
> (-ao sdl) which should support esd too (through SDL).

I had a short look at it (not a lot time at the moment), but I saw
a line which could be something:

# is too slow
$ esddsp -s pc-attila src/mplayer/main/mplayer -vo x11 anime/mononoke/mononokehime-mummersdance.mpg
[...]
audio_setup: frags:   0/0  (0 bytes/frag)  free:   4096
[...]

# works
$ src/mplayer/main/mplayer -vo x11 anime/mononoke/mononokehime-mummersdance.mpg
[...]
audio_setup: frags:  64/64  (2048 bytes/frag)  free: 131072
[...]

it works also with
$ esddsp -s pc-attila src/mplayer/main/mplayer \
 -vo x11 anime/mononoke/mononokehime-mummersdance.mpg \
 -ao sdl -sdla esd

maybe i'll have later more time to look at it.

			Attila Kinali

--
POINTER: A sort of dog which always seems to know which way the data went.