[Mplayer-users] How to enable the subtitles?

soon93 soon93 at time.net.my
Fri Jun 1 18:46:39 CEST 2001

>> I have just install Mplayer 0.17 "The IdegCounter"
>> I like it very much, but don't know how to turn on the subtitles.
>> I have read all the document but no information on the subtitles
>You need mp_fontX.zip unzipped into ~/.mplayer/font directory.
>If it's there you should see some OSD garbage on your video (like time
>counter: 0:00:11 - toggle it with 'o' key ).
>mplayer searches for subtitle file with the same filename as your video

> but with endidings such as sub,sim,txt,rt etc..
>and you can run it via mplayer /cdrom/santana.avi -sub
>/cdrom/Santana-subtitle.txt
>does that answer your question?
>--
>Dariusz Pietrzak
>Certified Nobody

Actually I installed Mplayer with libcss
I use Mplayer to playback DVD disc
This are the files on my DVD disc

video_ts.bup  video_ts.vob  vts_01_0.ifo  vts_01_1.vob
vts_01_3.vob  vts_02_0.ifo  vts_02_2.vob  video_ts.ifo
vts_01_0.bup  vts_01_0.vob  vts_01_2.vob  vts_02_0.bup
vts_02_1.vob

Please tell me how to turn on the subtitle for DVD playback.
Thank you very much.