[Mplayer-users] mplayer & vesa

Rajesh Fowkar rfowkar at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 03:41:46 CEST 2001

Hi,

Now I can play mplayer. I thought of again trying svga driver on my i810.

Earlier I could not run mplayer in console mode with svga. But now there
is a ray of hope. I enabled VESA driver in /etc/vga/libvga.config.
Them I tried mplayer -vo svga -bpp 24 Avseq01.dat.

Now I can hear the sound. I can see the timer. I can use the keys forward etc.
The timer changes accordingly. But the screen is blank. Nothing is visible.
though the movie plays. What can I try out to get video in console mode using
svga drivers.

Thanks in advance and sorry for bothering u with my silly questions.

Warm Regards

Rajesh Fowkar                       rfowkar at goatelecom.com
Kurtarkar Nagari,Bldg-C,T4,         http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com
Santacruz,Ponda-Goa-403401-INDIA    Powered By : Debian GNU/Linux (Potato)
					         Kernel 2.4.5 & Mutt 1.3.15i
						 IceWM 1.0.8-6  & KDE 2.1
"The expert at anything was once a beginner."  -Hayes