[Mplayer-users] faster codecs?

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Tue Jul 31 14:55:01 CEST 2001

>I was out of mailing list few days... I heard about new, much faster divx
>codecs for Windows (I don't mean Linux native ffmpeg codec, now), currently
>available on www.divx.org, didn't check it yet, but are there any possiblites
>to use it with mplayer?

Hi,
1) There is no divx.org, it's www.divx.com!
2) The codec you speak about is DivX4beta (beta2 now) then.
3) Yes, it's faster than DivX3.11, but not that much to get excited about it.
4) There is also a linux version (libdivxdecore.so) of beta1, beta2 to come soon
5) Safe the best for last: It's already included in mplayer ;-) You just have to
enable it, see DOCS/Divx4Linux

:-)

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se