[Mplayer-users] Re: ATI Radeon VE

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat Jul 28 13:55:58 CEST 2001

Hi, all, who interest with this thread!

I've just configured my ATI Radeon VE finely under Linux!!!
(Of course through second head :(. It's still big problem)
I didn't understand what was wrong - but now I've get enough perfect
picture on my monitor. Before I had 800x600 monitor resolution
and 1024x768 virtual video resolution and when mplayer was ran
on such system it distorted picture, but now I've configured
my X11 to set 1024x768 on monitor and got enough perfect picture.
So this card can be usable under Linux already now, althrough
some little problems still exist. It seems that DVD's picture is better
in some stores under winnt-DVDplayer than under Linux-mplayer
(probably sharpness or something likewise). Maybe it's postprocessing
(or not well enough or unnecessary) for libmpeg2, Arpi?
It don't matter - what -vo I use, althrough better video driver for
this card became -vo vx. As I've found - -vo x11 doesn't keep correct
aspect ratio :(.
And last: I don't know - is it effect of 3D's performance but -vo gl
produces only 5-10 frames per second on this chip.

Best regards! Nick (2001-07-28 11:35:25)