[Mplayer-users] Re: video card(s)?

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Fri Jul 27 19:58:11 CEST 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 06:20:03PM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> hmm, are you sure bad image quality in high res is due to Nvidia card?
> Maybe you should use a BNC cable to connect to your monitor, it has
> much better quality then standard vga cable. (But I think G400 still
> has better 2D Quality then NVidia cards)

Oh, I'm using a BNC cable. It doesn't really help. There's a website
somewhere which explains the problem: shoddy low-pass filters on many
nvidia-based cards which allow the cards to pass silly FCC regulations
and also limits the bandwidth quite a lot. I've been thinking of trying
to fix that, basically you just short coils and cut capacitors, but
haven't gotten around to it yet. Buying a Radeon card might be a better
solution...