[Mplayer-users] libac3 and sse

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 27 16:55:38 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > I mean do you have Pentium III, Celeron II, ...
>
> I have a Mobile Celeron 700Mhz...it's in a Dell Inspirion 4000 with 128MB
> RAM...
>
> I think that divx with ac3 should be watchable quit fluent with this
> maschine or do think the hardware might be the delimiting factor for the
> slow video output?
yes.
vga card _AND_DRIVER_ does matter a lot!

for example, with a k6-2 450 + matrox G400 + mga_vid driver it plays DVD
without framedrop... but my P3-733 at work can't do that with S3 trio3D AGP!
(but do that with old Tseng ET6000 PCI :))

and also memory bandwith matters (normal celeron has 66Mhz FSB).
cpu isn't so important, because most time of decoding is spent by memory
read/write waiting.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu