[Mplayer-users] segfault

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 27 16:01:55 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >> Does *not* crash here:
> > under linux or solaris or bsd?
> maybe it has something to do with the changes Hürgen did to the win32
> code, that's why I suggested trying with 0.17a.
Maybe...

but i think my avifile 0.6 is too old, it doesn't contain those changes.

btw there is another strange codec, teh ima-adpcm.
it works for Gabucino, but fails for me.
we have exactly the same DLL file. (and the same mplayer version...)

maybe these depends on other memory usage stuff.
just like l3codeca, which fails if openwall security patch changes
memory layout.

other possible reason is the method of calling audio codecs.
i've changed it when new audio stuff has been finished (libao2...)
do someone has a good doc about ACM API?
it's a big buggy shit, at least I couldn't find how it really works.
i have to pass how many bytes should be decoded to how many bytes, but
1. it doesn't matter, sometimes it reads more and/or write more (or less)
2. the function for ratio calculation (how many bytes required for
decompressing x bytes data) fails for some codecs, especially for divx
audio. avifile does similar mess with this.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu