[Mplayer-users] video card(s)?

Mark Gjøl cyrax at nerd.dk
Fri Jul 27 12:24:13 CEST 2001

Kukocs wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I have an s3 virge video card nowtimes, but i think it's time to buy a
>new one :)
>I  was looking for an nvidia tnt2, or a cheaper geforce, but i've heard,
>that the nvidia's linux drivers are a shit.

I use a GeForce2MX with nvidia's drivers and it works incredibly fine.
Now... I don't know how fast the matrox-cards run, but for me, this is
fast enough! (actually a little too fast since the OpenGL screensavers
doesn't have a limit for how fast they run ;)

I have an Athlon 750 which may take some of the credit, but still... I
use about 10% cpu when I watch a movie with xv output (Or that's what
gkrellm tells me... Not sure how precise it is).

Anyway. As far as I'm concerned the drivers for nvidia-based gfx-cards
are adequate.

\\ Mark Gjøl