[Mplayer-users] small changes to MPlayer-20010723

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jul 26 23:19:53 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I corrected my previous patch which now implements:
not really corrected :(

> * reading subtitles text encoded in utf8 (option -utf8) is done in subreader.c
>   just while reading the subtitles file (not in generating subtitles function)
I liked the previous method (it made sub renderer code cleaner) better!

> * changes in sub.c leading to calculating y position only once while
>   displaying the same subtitle text on the screen
i have to understand your changes, seems to be messy for first look.
btw the whole sub/osd renderer stuff will be rewritten soon.

> * reading fonts files from LIBDIR/font if there is no font dir in ~/.mplayer
wasn't it already done by Vladimir's patch? or it was buggy?
Atmos, can you check this?
(you also said that make some cleanup of DATADIR stuff, by modifying
get_path)

> * not displaying status while "-q" or "-quiet" option is on - maybe not all
>   want this but on slower machines we should display only that
>   what is absolutely needed (film and subtitles in my opinion)
it's ok

> * better detection of local display connection ("unix:" and "localhost:" are
>   assumed local and automagically changed to ":"). Maybe it's not quite correct
>   but I like to use shm while on the same machine.
ok.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu