[Mplayer-users] Re: Intel Music Coder working

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 25 23:15:46 CEST 2001

On Wednesday, 25. July 2001 22:42, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > no, it's on the school's network.
> > > (where i'm working as system admin)
> > >
> > > but it make unusual high output traffic...
> >
> > I hope we dont run into problems because of that...
> > 34GB/m isn't payable when hosted by an ISP.
>
> Yes, I know...
> Btw it's 38GB now. and still have 5 days left...
>
> I will search for some mirror sites over the world. For
> example sourceforge ftp is a good starting point.
>
> Btw examining the logs I've found that biggest transfers are:
> 15GB - w32codec.zip
> 7GB - MPlayer-0.18pre.tar.gz
> 4.5GB - mplayer_03.gif
I bet it's that silly animated GIF on the homepage, it should be replaced
with a static graphic. (Sorry chass, but it's like that).

> 1.8GB - MPlayer-current.tar.bz2
let's rollout source releases to sourceforge download services.

btw. I've seen some .iso files on the ftp, they could also cause much traffic.

> The gif is small, but was downloaded >117000 times!
> It's unbelievable...
>
> > If you ever get into troubles, please let me know.
> > Maybe I can arange something.
>
> Ok, thx
>
> It's about 1.5GB/day now, it's ok, but unusual.
hmm, I have around 3GB downstream only traffic per day on my DSL dialup. =)))

--
Best Regards,
   Felix