[Mplayer-users] new ffmpeg/libavcodec

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jul 25 17:45:10 CEST 2001

Hi,

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:10:51 +0200 (MET DST)
> Christoph Lampert <lampert at math.chalmers.se> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > mplayer has many many many many more options than it prints with -h
> > (or even are in the manpage). Not many of them are needed my users, though.
> > -vc might be.
> >
> > gruel
>
> all switches should be listed, you can expect to guess the switch.. i still dont see -vc anywhere  '-vc help' reprints the main help...

i don't agree. experimental options remain listed only in manpage or in the
source. vc isn't so experimental, but it's more like a configfile option
than commandline. afaik it's in the sample config file too.

and -vc help isn't good syntax, this is why you got main help sccreen.
use -vc ffdivx, for example.

and RTFM DOCS/*.*

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu