[Mplayer-users] new ffmpeg/libavcodec

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Wed Jul 25 14:10:51 CEST 2001

Hi,

mplayer has many many many many more options than it prints with -h
(or even are in the manpage). Not many of them are needed my users, though.
-vc might be.

gruel

>mdew at storm:~/X_Men/XMen$ mplayer
>

>MPlayer 0.17cvs-010725-21:10(C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
>
>Usage:   mplayer [options] [path/]name

> -vo <drv[:dev]> select video output driver & device (see '-vo help' for list)
> -ao <drv[:dev]> select audio output driver & device (see '-ao help' for list)
> -vcd <trackno>  play VCD (video cd) track from device instead of plain file
> -dvdauth <dev>  specify DVD device for authentication (for encrypted discs)
> -ss <timepos>   seek to given (seconds or hh:mm:ss) position
> -nosound        don't play sound
> -stereo         select MPEG1 stereo output (0:stereo 1:left 2:right)
> -fs -vm -zoom   fullscreen playing options (fullscr,vidmode chg,softw.scale)
> -sub <file>     specify subtitle file to use (see also -subfps, -subdelay)
> -vid x -aid y   options to select video (x) and audio (y) stream to play
> -fps x -srate y options to change video (x fps) and audio (y Hz) rate
> -pp <quality>   enable postprocessing filter (0-4 for DivX, 0-63 for mpegs)
> -bps            use alternative A-V sync method for AVI files (may help!)
> -framedrop      enable frame-dropping (for slow machines)
>
>no -vc i can see....what needs configuring?

>> > done..

>> > done..

>> > same..
>> >
>> > how do you get the option -vc ...i dont seem to see it in the latest CVS
>>

>>        -vc <name>
>>               force usage of a specific video codec, according to
>>               its name in codecs.conf, for example :
>>                   -vc divx       use VFW DivX codec
>>                   -vc divxds     use DirectShow DivX codec
>>                   -vc ffdivx     use libavcodec's DivX codec
>>                   -vc divx4      use ProjectMayo's DivX codec
>>

>> works fine for me :) (except Linux-only divx4)
>>

>> best regards
>>
>> hmm today.ffmpeg.CVS is sloooooooow :( ( about 40% slower than
>> yesterday.ffmpeg.CVS)
>>
>> --
>>  / irl:Bohdan 'Nexus' Horst | mailto:nexus at irc.pl | irc:Nexus \
>>  \ http://www.physd.amu.edu.pl/~nexus/ | Instytut Fizyki  UAM /

Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)

Gibraltargatan 86                  |     CTH, Matematiskt centrum
rum 637                            |     Eklandagatan 86, rum 2235
41279 Gothenburg                   |     41296 Gothenburg
SWEDEN                             |     SWEDEN
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se