[Mplayer-users] small changes to MPlayer-20010723

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jul 25 09:53:27 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I made a patch which implements:
>
> * reading subtitles text encoded in utf8 (option -utf8)
nice.

> * reading fonts files from LIBDIR/font if there is no font dir in ~/.mplayer
wasn't it done by Vladimir's patch?

> * better detection of local display connection ("unix:" and "localhost:" are
>   assumed local and automagically changed to ":" )
i think there are better methods, because 192.168.1.1:0.0 is local too, if
you have an interface with this ip...

> * displaying status only while "verbose" option is on -  maybe not all want
>   this but on slower machines we should display only that what is absolutely
>   needed ( film and subtitles in my opinion)
i don't like this one.
if you need this, add a new option, for example -quiet
and/or simply use verbose==-1 for this checks.
do not change verbose==0 level.

btw we will rework the whole printf stuff soon, with a much better way.

> Next, what's about an idea of displaying subtitles below the film rectangle.
> We would see all of the film picture and subtitles wolud be more visible
> on the black border. Especially in fullscreen mode we have free space on the
> screen and if we place film window at the top left corner of the screen
> we could place subtitles just below the film window.
Not possible with current libvo. it's will eb done after libvo2 is finished.
(maybe never, because nobody working on that nowdays :(((()

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu