[Mplayer-users] strange percentage numbers

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jul 24 22:18:41 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I get some strange procentage numbers on my laptop playing
> different files:
>
> A:   1.3 (   0.6)  V:   0.7  A-V:  0.064 ct:  0.022   13  3303847%  0% 1651923.2% 0
>
> It is machine _and_ file related. I could not yes find
> out on which files it depends, because
> it happens with divx and mpeg2 files too.
> But only on my laptop, not on my desktop (which is a PII).
>
> I run the mplayer cvs version from this morning on a
> PIII with kernel 2.2.19 (SSE disabled).

I think that win32 codecs uses SSE, doesn't matter if you disable it
in mplayer (they use built-in cpu detection code).

And sse corrupts FPU registers, this way float percentage numbers are
badly calculated.

Can you try different codecs (line vfw,dshow,ffmpeg,divx4 etc) for
same file? Does codec matter? Does video mode (x11,xv,null,etc) matter?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu