[Mplayer-users] new ffmpeg/libavcodec

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Wed Jul 25 00:40:02 CEST 2001

Hi, Andr  Dahlqvist!

On 2001-07-24 20:00:28 you wrote:

>Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
>
>> I'm also thinking about buying a Radeon card...
>> (as nvidia sux, and G400 isn't as fast as i want)
>
>Speaking of video cards, how open source friendly is ATI? Are they at least
>better than NVidia?
Of course, ATI radeon VE is slower of NVidia2 GTS+ but price ;)
In addition: NVidia has very unstable drivers for linux (I know it from my friends)
but native linux drivers are very slower.
(By rumours - NVidia guys are from SiliconGraphics - but their hardware it too closed)

Best regards! Nick (2001-07-24 22:37:40)