[Mplayer-users] popular

Johannes Feigl jaf.corporation at gmx.at
Tue Jul 24 11:14:44 CEST 2001

> A good part of the "Popularity" value seems to be based on the "Ranking",
so
> MPlayer is very high there, even higher than the other 10/10 projects.

No !!!
it isn't so ... thx popularity was also so, before I  gave 10 Point ..

Popularity=record hits * URL hits * subscriptions)^(1/3).

see here:
How do you measure popularity?
 by Patrick Lenz, in Projects - Sunday, July 22nd 2001 09:39

The popularity score superseded the old counters for record hits, URL hits
and subscriptions. Popularity is calculated as (record hits * URL hits *
subscriptions)^(1/3). Thanks to Johan Walles <d92 dash jwa at nada dot kth
dot se> for his suggestions.

mfg Johannes