[Mplayer-users] New features...

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Sun Jul 22 21:25:06 CEST 2001

Hi,
I asked this before, but maybe times have changed...

I'd like to have a   +1 frame  key, e.g. 's' in PAUSEd mode
I'd like to have an OSD setting "timer without seekbar"
I'd like to have different mode for OSD-timer:
hh:mm:ss, hh:mm:ss:(framenr mod framerate), absolute framenr

I'd also like the status line
V:   9.9  A-V:  0.695 ct:  0.682  299  97%  0% 34.5% 291
(at least A-V and percentages) be visible as OSD...

Maybe <Home> for jumping to beginning of file? I don't think
the key is used yet.

Oh yes, and a --shutup option that makes mplayer _not_ use
stdout for anything. That way is will one day be possible
to use stdout as output-device, like pgmpipe in mpeg2decode.

Oh, this is almost like christmas ;-)

When skipping single frames, sound is not important, it can
be switched off, or desynchronize or whatever, I don't care.

Is there an option to give a different path/filename for codecs.conf?
I could not find any...

Oh, and I still don't know why mplayer exists, when I press <RETURN>
I think, ESC and q is enough for that...

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se