[Mplayer-users] new ffmpeg decoder

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Wed Jul 18 02:30:51 CEST 2001

Hi, Arpi!

On 2001-07-17 22:12:47 you wrote:

>Hi,
>

>> >mplayer 2001-07-16 11:27 works fine :)
>> >
>> >imho this is smth in last optimized:
>> >dsputil.c or/and dsputil_mmx.c
>> >
>> Try latest CVS - I forgot to add EMMS at end of some function - maybe it help you
>not fixed. i also have this problem with most of my files.

Well, I'll dig out ;)

>btw i think it's a bad idea calling emms after each macroblock MC.
>(AFAIK emms is very slow think, 56 clocks or so on celeron)
>if ffmpeg doesn't uses float for divx decoding, then it's enough to
>call once after the whole frame is finished.

Unfortunately ffmpeg contains a FPU code and I'm not sure
where will control after executing these PIXELS_TAB_FUNCTION.
Anyway it's needed to be sure that FPU code works propertly.

>it is a rounding problem at motion compensation. you should review
>roundings, compared mmx and c versions.
There no problem, only if I've done some typo in registers names.
>From precision point - this code is same as "C". (because it's
INTEGER ARITHMETIC)
And what about --disable-mmx2 on Cel2?

>it does matter a lot for divx, because the very long GOP times (500 P frames
>between I keyframes - a single bit error is enough if you see it 500 times
>iterating)
Maybe it would be better a little sample of movie on FTP or external URL?

Best regards! Nick (2001-07-18 00:24:12)