[Mplayer-users] Elementary streams (ES)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 16 22:32:06 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > i could send you such a file for testing if you want.
> > upload it to ftp://mplayer.dev.hu/MPlayer/incoming
> >

> i've found something, the correct name seams to be "multiplexed PES" ... but
> i will upload a sample an some programm(source), I hope the help you ...
>
> i will upload today or tomorrow (I'm very busy at the moment ;-( ...
> also no time in the work, i must install Mplayer on the Server of my
> teammate ;-)

Done. It was normal PES stream, but with no header, so mplayer didn't
recognize it. Now i added headerless PES stream detection, try again with
the CVS version.

PES streams normally have 1BA/1BB header packet twice per second. This
sample stream doesn't have it at all. Only 1C0 and 1E0 packets.
It's strange, because PES header packet contains info about streaming,
for example bandwith and required buffer size... btw mplayer can play
it without header packets, as they aren't really used in it.
(buffersize is hard-coded, and bandwith not required for sw. playback)

Btw this sample has very very good image quality.
Are all DVB stuff such good?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu