[Mplayer-users] Networking with mplayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 16 19:38:57 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I've the same problem with my 100mbit network and using SMB-Filesystem
> (Samba). But under windows i don't have such a problem.
> i looked at parse_es.c and edited #define VIDEOBUFFER_SIZE 0x100000 to
> #define VIDEOBUFFER_SIZE 0x1000000, then it was played normaly, but only
> mpeg(2) files, not divxes...
:)))))))))))))))))))

impossible.

this variable is the size of temporary memory buffer for a single mpeg-ES
video frame. nothing to do with input buffering...

as a normal mpeg1/2 video frame is not bigger than 1MB (it means 25-30
megabytes/second!) changing this limit to 16MB won't help :)

if it was fast after modifying it, it was because the file was already in
the linux kernel cache. try to play with old (0x100000) version, it will be
fast at second time.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu