[Mplayer-users] ./configure on OpenBSD (MMX)

Juergen Keil jk at tools.de
Mon Jul 16 13:20:23 CEST 2001

> I got the mplayer sources from cvs, now im trying to get to configure
> script to run on my box (P200MMX - OpenBSD 2.9 with linux binary emulation)
>
> when i run
> ./configure (even with --disable-MMX)
> checking versiob of gcc....2.95.3 ok
> The architechture of your CPU (Intel Pentium MMX("Genuine Intel"
> 586-class)) is not supported by this configuration script.
>
> does it mean i have to buy a newer machine? lol

No.

Can you please provide the output of the following commands on OpenBSD?

uname -s
uname -p
uname -m

(I guess either uname -p or uname -m prints:
Intel Pentium MMX("Genuine Intel") 586-class)

There's currently no completed support for OpenBSD (or NetBSD) in the mplayer
sources, anyway.  FreeBSD works, though.

> or what do i do next? any idea?

We need someone to complete the port to OpenBSD (or NetBSD).

Did you say "here, I'll do it"    :-)  :-)

Jürgen Keil          		jk at tools.de
Tools GmbH			+49 (228) 9858011