[Mplayer-users] Error putting data into input pin ffffff9c

Dan Berdine db002i at mail.rochester.edu
Mon Jul 16 00:17:47 CEST 2001

On Sunday 15 July 2001 05:13 pm, you wrote:
> On Sunday, 15. July 2001 22:16, you wrote:
> > I recently got mplayer working on my own machine (works great, I'v
> > tried half a dozen players and this is the first that works) and
> > have been trying to install it (remotely unfortunatly) for a
> > friend.  I'v done everything the same as far as I can tell, but
> > obviously something has gone wrong.
> >
> > Below I have attached the output from mplayer -vo sdl -ao sdl
> > <file>. The system is Debian Woody on a PII based system (no MMX).
> > My own
>
> Pentium II has MMX! If it's not detected by configure gcc/binutils
> are outdated, think a look at DOCS/REQUIREMENTS should help.

I'll look at that.  I forget when I figured that out, so I can't check
readily...

> I think it's bad file, try another one and check if it works. For
> example an mpeg or standard divx.

We've tried it with files xanim is able to play, and the other files
were ftp'd directly from my machine, and work fine under mplayer here.
The only thing I can think of is that they were origionally downloaded
into windows (we thought it would be easier to play .asf and .avi files
with WMP but no luck there either... somethings screwy with the windows
install) and the windows partition is mounted in Linux.  If there were
a mac somewhere in the mix I would think something with resource forks
got the mess confused, but as far as I know windows shouldn't screw
with anything like that.

Will try more different files, tho, to be sure :)

Thanks,

-Dan