[Mplayer-users] 0.18pre4 released with native divx codec :)

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Mon Jul 9 18:35:27 CEST 2001

Hmm,
 I have been under big stress so I don't really get it.

what's the story with this native divx codec?

wasn't OpenDivX the project to create such codec? only problem is that
it's not realy open source/free software, very slow and have problems with
quality.
And now you come out with something, tell us that it's native divx codec
and d'ah! Where did it come from?
Haven't Mayo projects guyes spend all the time and developers on producing
sth like that? And haven't they given loads of interviews and such?
How dare you come up with something like that out of nowhere?

Does this mean that non-intel mplayer (what was it called?) is going to
have functional divx?

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
To ja! Bolko z Sierociñca!