[Mplayer-users] Request for added hardware support !?!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 2 15:09:54 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > I would like to ask, whether the following components could be
> > > supported in the future by mplayer:
> > >
> > > Siemens DVB-satellite card (hardware MPEG2-Decoder)
> > > DeviceDriver http://linuxtv.org/dvb
> > > VDR Project http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/index.htm
> > > DVDPlayer   http://www2.arnes.si/~mthale1/index.html
I've read specs of card, and also looked at the libdvb drivers.
it's possible to make MPlayer to be able playing mpeg2 (and maybe
divx too, using ffmpeg's transcoder) on this card.
What else functionality do you want/need? Recording to mpeg2 or divx
from satellite, etc... :) (i'm personally interested in this)

> > > Soundcards with CMedia CMI 8783 soundchip
> > >
> > > DeviceDriver: http://www.cmedia.com.tw
Linux kernel 2.4.x has driver for this chip, at least the basic
functionality. 4 speaker mode is possible, only need some driver changes.
SPDIF i/o is problematic, i have no idea (and no SPDIF-compatible speakers)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu