[Mplayer-users] benchmarks

Leandro Lucarella luca at lucarella.com.ar
Sun Jul 1 00:01:26 CEST 2001

Hi! Today I've downloaded and compiled mplayer from cvs in my Duron
800Mhz/128MB/nVidia TNT-16MB with XFree86 4.0.3. I have some question about
the output driver (there so much! I'm kind of lost).
I don't know what to use. What it's suposed to be better?
I can use:
x11 (not too good, I can't get fullscreen)
xv (it's ok)
opengl (when it works it's REALLY SLOW)
sdl (the better for me cause I can change between fullscreen with the 'f').

The sdl output it's aparently using x11 driver:
SDL: Using driver: x11

I used the -forcexv but it has no effect for me.

The only other driver (for X) I can't use (I think) is dga. I get this message:

vo_dga: DGA 2.0 available :-) Can switch resolution AND depth!
vo_dga: Selected hardware mode  640 x  480 @  85 Hz @ depth 24, bitspp 32.
vo_dga: Video parameters by codec: 640 x 304, depth 24, bitspp 32.
vo_dga: Framebuffer mapping failed!!!

Do you know what's wrong? and how can I fix it?

OK. I'll be very thanksfull if someone can tell me what's the diferences
between drivers (specially sdl, dga, and xv), and witch one is better...
Thanks!

MPlayer RULEZ!

--
LUCA - Leandro Lucarella