[mplayer] Re: nVidia support yes or no?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Feb 21 22:36:07 CET 2001

Hi,

> I just downloaded the latest release of MPlayer (0.11pre24) and i was
> wondering if there is an option to compile it with opengl support
> (compilation starts bitchin` about glx.h and gl.h if i user --enable-gl
> with ./configure)
> I read the docs... in the FAQ is said that it's a known bug that it
> doesn't work with nVidia's binary shit, but in the README and README.org
> is said: "- gl:   OpenGL renderer, requires Utah-GLX or DRI or nVidia's
> new driver".
Those docs are outdated, the real answer:
It's known not to work with nvidia's drivers.

I don't know why, but it doesn't work (as reported by users). As i haven't
got such card, i cant fix it myself. Maybe some day some poeple will fix it...

You can try the TOOLS/GL-test program, it will test and benchmark your
driver. If it works (>30fps) then you're lucky!

> if nVidia shit IS supported, can you tell me where i can find the glx.h
> and gl.h or what i am doing wrong. (other opengl apps ARE running under
> X4.0.2)
You need the opengl header files. They should be installed by nvidia drivers
somehow. Btw it's part of the MESA package too, but i don't know the
compatibility between mesa and nvidia.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu