[MPlayer-users] Volume Control Suggestion

Hui Zhang huiz at gradient.cis.upenn.edu
Mon Dec 31 12:09:25 CET 2001

I tried to hack it by multiplying or deviding 2 off the numbers stored in
the buffer retrieved from decode_audio.  It seems to have the effect
of doubling the volume with multiplying, but the effect of deviding leaves
me with just added noises.  I guess it is not trivial to do.  Any opinion
from expert?  But I do think it is a legit and useful feature to have, if
multiple sound generating programs can share the sound in a civil way.
I know windows media player does that.

---Gary