[MPlayer-users] Formal Bugreport, was...mencoder issues .60pre2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 30 18:27:16 CET 2001

Hi,

> I am submitting a bug report with following
> information included as per the bug report request
> documentation.
thank you

> I had to upload a 4 meg slice, to see what artifacting
> I speak of , the sky is especially odd for the 20cfx
> light sequence.

this file plays fine for me. no acid trip issues.
but, i noticed some artifacts coming from relative low
bitrate (800kbit is very low for good quality dvd rips).
it's the pixelization sometimes (it looks like frame is
constructed by 8x8 pixel flat squares) and some weird
pixels on the sky you probably meant above.

you can do 2 things with these:
1. increase bitrate at encoding (-diivx4opts br=3000)
2. use postprocessing filters at playback to reduce artifacts (-pp 90)

also, using 2pass encoding is always helps decreasing such artifacts.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu