[MPlayer-users] MPlayer mentioned in linuxworld's Linux Predictions for 2002

Robert Munro ramunro1 at ix.netcom.com
Sun Dec 30 00:29:45 CET 2001

He's interesting, but not good at avoiding,
um... controversy.  Joe Barr used to be one
of the regulars on Will Zachmann's Canopus
forum on Compuserve, years ago.  He was an
OS/2 advocate then (I was an OS/2 fan too).

He used to go over-the-top, flaming people,
and I suspect he had some hard times, then.
He's mellowed some, judging by his columns
recently.  Moderately subtle humor was not
his mode in those earlier days, not at all.

MPlayer is great software.  The developers
are highly competent, gifted people.  More
discussion might be helpful, about support
for the growing user base of nondevelopers.

Regards, and happy New Year wishes to all,
Robert Munro