[MPlayer-users] MPlayer interrupted by signal

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Dec 28 12:06:02 CET 2001

Hi,

> I have checked maxtors homepage now. Its G400MAX that i want.
> G400 can only make 70 Hz in 2048x1536. I want 75 Hz and some margins.

G400max have 360mhz ramdac, while normal g400 has only 300.

> > > It matters when I use 1600x1200x24 @ 75 Hz and in the feature i will use
> > > 2048x1536x24 @ 75 Hz.
> > and what's the size of input video? it's the only thing what matters.
>
> What do you mean? I dont have any plans to rip anything with my card.

do you have the video files in 2048x1536 resolution???
or you have smaller files (eg. 720x576) and you use g400 to scale them up to
2048x1536 by hardware?

> > afaik it can. anyway, i have 15" mon, so never tried >1280x1024
>
> Ok. U really should get a better monitor. I think monitor is more important
> than top cpu speed.
>
> I use 1600x1200x24 @ 75 Hz on my 19" monitor at home...

I use 80x25 textmode console. i don't like big monitors and windows...
(only using X for netscape and staroffice sometimes, but always coding on
console)

> > in my tests, g400max has the fastest ram (5ns 128bit sg) from the matrox series.
> > in high resolutions it still beats g550 (6ns? 64bit ddr).
>
> Ok, then its crystal clear. G400MAX is the gfxcard for me. Hope they still
> can be bought.
not easy to buy... at least here.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu