[MPlayer-users] libdvdcss and libdvdread issues

Michael Hunold m.hunold at gmx.de
Wed Dec 26 18:18:19 CET 2001

Hello world,

I'm very pleased with "mplayer" and how it plays dvds so far, but of
course you can always improve things...

For css decryption and dvd access, I'm currently using libdvdcss 1.0.0
and libdvdread 0.9.2, which work nicely in conjunction with current
mplayer cvs and with most of my dvds.

But sometimes (for example with Disney's "Tarzan") the title key
cracking takes very long (> 15 seconds for one title key), and even
fails sometimes (the new "Shrek" movie):