[MPlayer-users] Re: "Can't open VMG info!" error...

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Thu Dec 27 13:05:21 CET 2001

gvlyakh at mail.ru wrote:

> Just to make even more sure - I just downloaded the sources of libdvdread,
> libdvdcss, mplayer (also ogle, xine,...). ./configure; make; make install
> in libdvdcss, libdvdread, mplayer. That's it. Well, I always specified
> --with-gnu-ld to ./configure... Maybe this option is broken? Shouldn't
> really matter. For libdvdcss I specified
> ./configure  --enable-gnome --enable-kde --enable-qt --enable-alsa

For debugging reasons, just skip those options. libdvdcss does not
interface with any of those environments. Just plain configure should
do the magic.

At least, this works for me on Debian Sid.

> I DON'T have libcss, which shouldn't be a problem, I presume.

No, libdvdcss replaces this library (and is much better).

S!

--
75 Things you don't want to hear from your Sys Admin.
69. I don't care what he says, I'm not having it on my network