[MPlayer-users] dvd-playing

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Dec 27 01:56:16 CET 2001

Hi,

> On certain dvds I wanted to watch (Cowboy Bebop for example) I
> needed to find the rigth titleid out of 20 possible ones.
there is no such info in IFO - only can be solved with menus and user
interaction :(

> I heard something about dvdnav to be included...
it's very buggy and unfinished yet (i mean dvdnav, not the support)

> Are there other ways, without the need of a dvd-menu?
afaik no

but, at least you can use -alang/-slang for audio/sub selection
by language list.

> On other dvds (german Face Off for example) the -v options showed
> wrong information about the subtitle language.
it's known, but dunno why.
Gabucino today sent me an IFO dump of such dvd, and even teh IFO shows 11
subtitles and 'hu' is id 5, while the disk contains 21 subs and 'hu' is id
10 in real.

i don't know how the real dvd players know the language. (menu?)
maybe these disks are buggy, wrongly mastered ones :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu