[MPlayer-users] I read the FAQ! (Black screen with audio)

Joshua Pollak pardsbane at offthehill.org
Wed Dec 26 03:47:58 CET 2001

Hello,

First off, before I say anything, I READ THE FAQ. I updated my codecs.conf. I
have a few asf/wmv files that play audio and no video. From what I can tell,
the are in the WMV1 codec. I've tried both 0.16-pre1 and the CVS tarball from
12/25. I updated the codecs.conf file both times.

Any ideas? Is there anything I can manually put in the codecs.conf that will
help? I get the feeling users are supposed to know how to edit the file
ourselves, but I see no DOC's on the issue.

I've read everything I could find, so I'm finally asking,

-Josh