[MPlayer-users] CVS-MPlayer suid-root not working

Ruediger Otte tierra.y.libertad at gmx.net
Tue Dec 25 19:14:41 CET 2001

Hi,

the latest cvs-snapshot of MPlayer can only execute the win32-codecs
when started as root. I solved the same problem with MPlayer 0.50 by
setting the suid-bit on Mplayer binary. But CVS-MPlayer drops the root
priviledges immediately, so I cannot view any avis as user.

The snapshot is dated 20011224.

My linux system:

SuSE distro (software from 6.3 - 7.3 and other sources)
Linux kernel 2.4.17 SMP
glibc 2.1.3
XFree86 Version 4.1.0 / X Window System
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
GNU ld version 2.10.91 (with BFD 2.10.91.0.4)
GNU assembler 2.10.91
3dfx Voodoo3 2000 AGP - Driver tdfx with DRI
Soundblaster 128 PCI (ES1373)

--
Rüdiger