[MPlayer-users] seeking to the end of a video

Daniel de Rauglaudre daniel.de_rauglaudre at inria.fr
Mon Dec 24 20:04:04 CET 2001

Hi all,

Like Brian J. Murrell told in this mailing list, on 13th of December,
I would like "mplayer" not to exit when the end of the file is
encountered. I did not find any option or key to do that.

I managed to program it by changing some lines lines "mplayer.c"
(patch at end of this message): when the end of file is found, it
automatically pauses.

The solution is not perfect, because, to exit this "pause", you have
to type any key first, whose action is ignored. Therefore, to go back
or to quit, you have to type your key twice.

I think that this problem could be fixed by adding another flag,
telling that we are pausing because of eof, not because of the "pause"
command. And perhaps an option could be added in the mplayer command
to allow this behaviour (of pausing at end of file) for people who
don't like it.

Do you like this change? Is it a correct implementation? If yes, is it
possible to have it included in the current version? (I can try to
program the two points above, except if the development team wants to
do it).

*** mplayer.c   24 Dec 2001 14:01:55 -0000      1.347
--- mplayer.c   24 Dec 2001 18:49:08 -0000
***************
*** 2051,2056 ****
--- 2051,2062 ----
      abs_seek_pos=3; rel_seek_secs=0; // seek to start of movie (0%)

    }
+   else if (eof == 1) {
+     osd_function = OSD_PAUSE;
+     rel_seek_secs -=1 ;