[MPlayer-users] Some bugs occured at my PC

Brian J. Murrell 8f3efdf741425e1b3cc09256cfc6b149 at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Dec 24 17:11:23 CET 2001

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 08:38:30PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> Hello, Brian!

Hi Nick.

> X11's one ;)

X11's Xinerama doc?  It will allude to why the console (on primary
video card) becomes unavailable (screen goes black) when X11 is run on
secondary card?

> Just try it before discuss here. After that ask your questions - I don't know
> what will occur on your BIOS.

Well, I did.  What I am/was saying (maybe not very well) is that even
with X11 on the secondary display, I am unable to see VESA output on
the primary display.  In fact my monitor barfs (overdrive protection)
at the mode that the X11 screen goes into when I try to do VESA output
on Mplayer.

Have you ever tried this configuration?

> Indeed I have doubts - since it depends on your BIOS only, but we never
> add such suggestions into doc due safety reasons

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell