[MPlayer-users] mencoder 2pass encoding gives image errors

Tharkun tharkun at gmx.de
Mon Dec 24 12:41:28 CET 2001

Kernel: Linux tharkun 2.4.17 #1 Sam Dez 22 17:09:19 CET 2001 i686 unknown
Libc: 2.2.3
X: XFree86 Version 4.1.0 / X Window System (protocol Version 11, revision 0,
vendor release 6510)
gcc: gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
ld: GNU ld version 2.11.90.0.19 (with BFD 2.11.90.0.19)
as: 2.11.90.0.19

cpuinfo: processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 4
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1000.070
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 1992.29

Video card: 3Dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo 3 (rev 1)
X Driver: Driver from X 4.1.0
Soundcard:  Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 7), normal kernel driver

I reencoded an avi with mencoder some.avi -pass 1 then with -pass 2. After
the second pass the image quality is better but I get image errors between
the scenes (when the screen goes black. Its the StarWars Breathing teaser).
Instead of a black screen I get "snow" like when you turn on the tv and don't
select a channel but in colour and not the whole screen is covered, its just
some spots. (If you need to see it i can upload a sample).

Tharkun