[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: mga_vid install doc

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Sun Dec 23 20:49:12 CET 2001

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 08:25:05AM +0000, Maximo Ramos wrote:

> This is why I have to copy mga_vid.o under the current kernel modules
> directory in /lib/modules/uname -r/
>
> I just said that "it would be nice" if "make install" in main/drivers could
> do that. Other than that, I copy it manually, as I always do.

I suppose it would be nice, but is it correct? I guess RedHat and Debian
at least use /lib/modules/uname -r/, but Robert Munro said Mandrake uses
/lib/modules/video?  If it's going to be like this (different distros
with different dirs), then maybe it's better make install doesn't copy it.

> If by your answer you meant to send a patch, then I promise I will do
> it if it's not that difficult.

Now there's a good idea. At least then you will have a makefile which
does what you want, even if the patch isn't accepted.