[MPlayer-users] Re: NO audio with mencoder

Olivier Robert skyshadow at planet.nl
Sat Dec 22 08:26:43 CET 2001

> Does anyone else think this may have something to do with his problem?
> It appears the audio isn't encoding as you thought, unless there should
> only be 2 seconds of sound for the whole thing?

No, it's more of course.
But the buffer errors are gone.

> And IIRC, doesn't the 'head_check failed' elude to a problem with the
> libdvdread/libcss version problem? Or maybe a problem reading the disk, or
> with the drive itself?  What DVD drive do you have?

I have no problems reading DVDs (so I oubt it's a libdvdread/libcss problem)
or DIVXs with MPlayer.
My DVD drive is a TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2502.

To check if blame is working, I just encoded a song from a CD to MP3: no
problem!

It's a shame it does not work with mencoder but I won't go to another
encoder. I want mencoder to work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
--