[MPlayer-users] Re: A-V Synch and timers...

Luca Abeni luca at cse.ogi.edu
Sat Dec 22 01:40:13 CET 2001

Hi,
thanks for replying in a short time.

> > 1) As a first thing, I tried to write to a file the difference
> >   sh_video->timer - (sh_audio->timer - delay)
> heh? why?
Ops... Sorry, I probably misunderstood the code... My inpression was
that
sh_video->timer - (sh_audio->timer - delay) could be a good parameter
for seeing how well mplayer is doing in synchronizing audio and video...
But I am probably missing something important.

> use real timer (GetTimer()) and save it's return value sto file and then
> check diffs.
Ok, I did something similar... Where should I put the GetTimer()? After
the call to
video_out->flip_page(), I suppose... So, I am measuring the difference
between the display time of consecutive frames, but the use of the RTS
does not seem to make this difference more stable... And, as I said, my
CPU is a P4 1800Mhz, hence I think it is powerfull enough.

> it does reduce it to +-1ms for me (1ghz celeron2)
> while usleep is sometimes +-20ms
I'd be very interested in reproducing your experiment: in particular,
which value are you measuring (where did you put the GetTime() in your
code; with which value are you comparing the result of GetTime(), and so
on...)?

			Thanks very much again,
				Luca