[MPlayer-users] I RTM, but can't understand this message.

Thomas Malt tm at linpro.no
Thu Dec 20 16:02:47 CET 2001

"JAF" <jaf at jaf.homeip.net> writes:

| if you really read the fucking manuals and did like it said

Can't people _really_ QUIT this rude behavior. It is really annoying,
immature and destructive, and it drives people who might be willing to
help away from the project.

Isn't it much better to give polite (but funny/ironic/sarcastic)
replies to FooBar user questions than to use blunt and moronic
ridicule or harassment.

OTOH: As a help to newbie users it might be good to direct them to
this little gem of information from Eric S Raymond:

Note that the most hardcore mplayer users/developers might also
learn a thing or two from the section about courtesy. Let me phrase
the title:

  "Courtesy never hurts, and sometimes helps"

So long, and thank you for all the fish.
Thomas
--
               Thomas Malt, http://www.malt.no | Stupid, stupid
    If you really need to call: +47 977 48 504 | ratcreatures!