[MPlayer-users] firewalls needed :)

D J Hawkey Jr hawkeyd at visi.com
Wed Dec 19 19:06:46 CET 2001

On Dec 19, at 06:26 PM, Gabucino wrote:

> >        [SNIP of denial and/or irrelevant comments]
>
> > Gabucino, so far you're the only one that is defending your current
> > practices, and several have agreed (if only in part) with my observations.
> > Even A`rpi has been mute on the subject, and he opened the discussion.
>
> Don't make a fool of yourself. Why would A'rpi be interested in talking to
> constantly whining users like you?

He might not, indeed. But he opened this thread, right? If he agrees with
you, I would half expect he'd have said so by now. His absence does seem
conspicuous, no?

> > Doesn't this tell you something?
>
> Sure. I really should stop trying not-to-ban you.

Ban away. From both lists, for all I care.

You just don't get it, do you? I'M ON YOUR SIDE. I want to see MPlayer
succeed "in the marketplace". You in particular seem hell-bent on doing
everything in your power to fsck those that make up that "marketplace",
even at the same time the project manager is seeking help in controlling
damage that you yourself have brought on.

All I've tried to do is point out how you're (plural) perceived and suggest
how you might change that perception, and all you're (singular) doing is
either denying it, or justifying it. I have no personal interest in this
project, you do - or logic dictates that you're supposed to.

Here I sit with a bunch of patches to help out the GUI you deny exists,
and you want to ban me. Like I said, "Fine.". I'll bet I'm not the first
you'll cut off [to spite your nose], and I'll bet I won't be the last.
'Tis a shame.

I'm outta here. Anyone that wants to reply to me, do so to my addy. I
won't be reading my MPlayer mail anymore, should it continue to arrive.

Dave

--