[MPlayer-users] firewalls needed :)

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Wed Dec 19 18:20:16 CET 2001

...ok skip the flamebait...

> > Hmm, this is classic, all your problems are answered in the documentation :)
> I didn't realize the solution for a poorly organized docs are in the docs.
Exactly what is "poorly organized" ?

> > > b) It's organized extremely poorly
> > I like the table of contents, makes it quick to jump to the section i am configuring
> That's if you already know WHAT to configure.
There is "Installation" section.. Unfortunately nobody sends patches about
what is missing, just flames.

> > Yup, not unreasonable, and if they are not documented already they tend to
> > get answered
> yeah... usually with an RTFM...
Sorry Miss.

> > Did you read the manual?
> > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/#1.4
> Oh, yeah.. It makes SOOOOOO much sense to read under "INTRODUCTION: What about the
> GUI?"
> for configuration information.
Huh ?

> try the non-cvs version - the thing that is considered "stable".  And before
> you say "use the cvs version", if the old version is bad, REMOVE it, because
> *most* people will not grab the current CVS version because it has a tendency
> to be unstable.
It's also in TFM that _always_ try cvs version before mailing here.

> > Where? Matter of taste.. Send patch.
> I'm not about to spend time on a project whose developers are so rude -
Ah-hah! :) But you would be the exception!

> > > c) requires an ENORMOUS amount of technical knowledge just to understand the
> > a, it's worth it
> yeah, like having a dictionary that isn't alphabetized.
Come, take my hand kid. Let's go to the zoo.

> > A what? Where? How? Why?
> Look in your FM, under "Installation".  It says:
> Thus, following your FM, you will get NO GUI.
Hm.. Look __above__ it.

   FEATURES

     * For DVD support, you'll have to compile libdvdcss and libdvdread, and
       in this order! See section 4.2 for more information.
     * Decide if you need GUI. If you do, see the 1.4 section before
       compiling.

Do you read documentations from the bottom?

> > You know: it's an agreement between other developers and me. Users can't
> > install unless they RTFM, so my efforts aren't in vain ;)
> Glad you feel this way...   Time to start looking at xmps.
Some ppl juts can't take a joke. I'm sure xmps will fit your needs, good
luck.

--
Gabucino